Speaker(s)Mr Henry Chambers, Senior Director, Alvarez & Marsal Disputes and Investigations Asia
This seminar explains the basics of cryptocurrency, and how to investigate, trace and value cryptocurrency in fraud and disputes.
- What is Cryptocurrency & NFTs – basic explanation of what cryptocurrency & NFTs are, where it comes from, how it is created and used;
- Cryptocurrencies in fraud and disputes – Cryptocurrencies have become increasingly mainstream as an asset class, and financial institutions, corporations, regulators, governance professionals and the wider public will be more and more affected by crypto issues. Reported examples of fraud and disputes that have involved crypto.
- Undertaking the investigations process – Where to look for indicators of cryptocurrencies both in digital and offline and what red flags to look for including real life sample documents
- Tracing of public ledger cryptocurrency transactions – How it is possible, the basic tracing process, wallet ownership heuristics, hot wallets vs cold wallets, exchanges, tumblers, privacy coins and forensic tools
- Securing value in digital assets – What can be done to secure cryptocurrencies value stored in various methods such as exchanges and custodial wallets, how to mitigate volatility, and considerations when realising value
- Mitigating risk of cryptocurrency fraud for better governance
(Recorded in November 2022)
Mr Henry Chambers