You must register as an HKCGI student before attending any of the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme (CGQP) examinations.
All applicants must hold one of the following identity cards: (1) Hong Kong; (2) Mainland China; (3) Taiwan; or (4) Macao: OR hold a certification of right of abode in: (1) Hong Kong; (2) Mainland China; (3) Taiwan; or (4) Macao.
All fees paid for the studentship registration are non-refundable and non-transferable even if an application is rejected by the Institute or withdrawn by the applicant.
All applications are subject to HKCGI’s approval and at its sole and absolute discretion. The Institute reserves the right to decline applications without assigning any reason thereof.
Holders of recognised academic and/or professional qualifications are eligible to register as an HKCGI student.
You may register as an HKCGI student any time throughout the year. Application deadlines for the upcoming examinations are:
- 31 January (yearly) – for the following June examinations
- 31 July (yearly) – for the following November examinations
Late studentship applications will be accepted with a late administrative charge for sitting the upcoming examinations within 15 calendar days after the deadline.
Studentship application must be made online, together with the certified true copies of all supporting documents as required as well as the registration fee.
Applicants may apply for exemption assessment upon studentship registration. For details of exemption assessment, please click HERE.
Collaborative Course Agreement (CCA) programme entry.
For students of CCA programme, you must register as an HKCGI student within three months after you start the CCA programme, otherwise a late studentship registration application charge shall be imposed on a monthly basis until you register as HKCGI student during the course of study.
Studentship application submitted after the graduation of CCA programme will not be eligible for CGQP CCA full exemption.
Partnership Bachelor’s Programme (PBP) entry
Current Year 3 or Year 4 undergraduates of the PBP are eligible to register as an HKCGI Student(Conditional).
Student(Conditional) registration opens in the fourth quarter of each year. Application must be made online, together with the certified true copies of all supporting documents as required as well as the registration fee.
Student(Conditional) are entitled to enjoy the same rights and obligations as other HKCGI students, subject to the followings:
- Student(Conditional) may start taking the Institute’s CGQP examinations from the date he/she become a Student(Conditional).
- If a Student(Conditional) cannot complete the respective PBP, a grace period of two years from the expected years of graduation is allowed for the Student(Conditional) concerned to fulfil the entry requirement for HKCGI studentship (i.e. students).
- If a Student(Conditional) still cannot meet the entry requirement after the two-year grace period, he/she will be removed from the Institute’s student register and his/her CGQP examination records with the Institute (if any), will be invalidated perpetually.
- All Student(Conditional) are required to declare their study status of the PBP with the Institute annually whilst they remain a Student(Conditional).