The Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme (CGQP) examinations are held in the first two weeks of June and the last two weeks of November each year (unless otherwise advised).
Note: Students who are currently taking the Collaborative Courses Agreement (CCA) programmes are NOT eligible to take the CGQP examinations during their CCA studies.
Examination timetable (June 2022)
Reading time: 9.15am – 9.30am
Examination time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Examination enrolment period: 15 February – 6 April 2022
|7 June 2022 (Tue)||Hong Kong Taxation|
|8 June 2022 (Wed)||Hong Kong Company Law|
|9 June 2022 (Thu)||Interpreting Financial and Accounting Information|
|10 June 2022 (Fri)||Corporate Secretaryship and Compliance|
|14 June 2022 (Tue)||Corporate Governance|
|15 June 2022 (Wed)||Risk Management|
|16 June 2022 (Thu)||Strategic Management|
|17 June 2022 (Fri)||Boardroom Dynamics|
|11 February 2022||Release of examination results for CGQP November 2021 examination diet|
|11 February 2022||Release of examination papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports for CGQP November 2021 examination diet|
|15 February 2022||Enrolment for CGQP June 2022 examination diet|
|18 February 2022||Enrolment for Examination Technique Online Workshops|
|25 February 2022||Closing date for CGQP November 2021 examination diet examination results review application|
|Late-February 2022||Closing date for the HKU SPACE Examinations Preparatory Programme (Spring intake) enrolment|
|28 March 2022||Closing date for Examination Technique Online Workshops enrolment|
|6 April 2022||Closing date for CGQP June 2022 examination diet enrolment|
|3 May 2022||Pre-released case study for CGQP June 2022 examination diet|
|Late-May 2022||Release of Examination Admission Slip for CGQP June 2022 examination diet|
|8 July 2022||Closing date for Examination Postponement application|
|Mid-August 2022||Release of examination results for June 2022 examination diet|
|Mid-August 2022||Release of examination papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports for June 2022 examination diet|
|Late-August 2022||Closing date for Examination Results Review application for June 2022 examination diet|
Note: The Institute reserves the right to change the dates and details without prior notice.
Examination paper structure and format
All examination papers are of three (3) hours duration (plus 15 minutes reading time). The total marks for a paper is 100. Please click HERE for examination paper structure and format of each module.
Grades and results
Candidates will usually be notified of their results within ten weeks after the conclusion of the examinations. Result definitions are as below:
|Distinction||75 - 100|
|Merit||65 - 74|
|Pass||50 - 64|
|Fail||0 - 49|
- Candidates who could not attend the examination due to sickness or medical reasons may apply for examination postponement.
- Examination postponement application must be made within 21 days after the entire examination diet is completed. Supporting documents, i.e. medical certificate covering the date(s) that candidate being absent from the examinations are required to be submitted to the Institute, together with the application fee.
- Candidates should pay the appropriate examination postponement application fee set for the applicable financial year.
- The examination postponement application fee is non-refundable under all circumstances. The fee and the application are only for the specified examination diet.
- The Institute may allow the applicant to sit for the next examination diet. Examination postponement is considered on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Institute.
- Postponement application will NOT be granted due to employment or job reasons.
Review of examination results
Candidates may apply for a review of their examination results by submitting an application fee with the fee to the Institute within 10 working days after the release examination results.
- Candidates may apply for a review of their examination results within ten working days after the release of the results by completing the application form with the grounds for the review application and paying the application fee to the Institute.
- The review of examination results is a two-stage process, and for more details of policy and procedures on review of examination results, please click HERE.