- (In alphabetical order)
- Ms Candy Au, Assistant Vice President, Enforcement, Listing Division, HKEX
- Mr Ernest Lee FCG HKFCG(PE), President, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute; Technical Partner, Deloitte China
- Mr Jon Witts, Senior Vice President, Head of Enforcement, Listing Division, HKEX
- Ms Julia Charlton, Principal Partner, Charltons
- Dr Kelvin Wong SBS JP, Chairman, Accounting and Financial Reporting Council
- Mr Mohan Datwani FCG HKFCG(PE), Deputy Chief Executive, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute
Director Training Series – A Focus on INEDs (3 Sessions (Flyer) in Hybrid Mode)
Directors of listed companies are increasingly exposed to risks of regulatory sanctions, investor actions, and risks relating to ESG, including climate change. Promoting good governance is at the heart of what The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute does. A series of three director training sessions in HKEX Connect Hall, with limited physical attendance and live streaming for online participation, is organised and designed for directors, especially INEDs, as well as for governance professionals who have the duty to advise the boards on governance matters.
Hearing from HKEX regulators, prominent directors including INEDs, as well as market practitioners, governance professionals and other attendees are able to understand:
- Director/INED's duties, functions and authority
- How to respond to current governance issues, e.g. risk management, investor communications, conflicts of interest, ESG
- Complex transactions that INEDs need to seek more information from management and/or professional advice
In this Session Three - Enforcement – Current Issues and Disciplinary Processes, attendees will learn:
- Disciplinary cases against INEDs
- HKEX’s disciplinary process
- Latest case studies relating to INEDs
- How to respond to disciplinary actions?
- How to defend disciplinary actions?
Remarks on this physical session:
- Physical seats are limited and shall be taken on first-come first served basis. Registration will be closed on 15 March 2022 at 2.00pm.
- Once enrolment in the physical session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to online session will not be entertained.
- Physical attendance is subject to the social distancing rules in place at the time of the Session. The Institute reserves the right to convert enrolment in the physical session into online session.
- Physical attendees are required to comply with the social distancing rules of HKEX Connect Hall and to fill in a paper form of health declaration. Names of physical attendees will be supplied by the Institute to HKEX in this connection.
Interested parties are invited to join any or all of the 3 sessions. For details and registration of two other sessions, please click the below links.
|Session One [Physical] / [Online]||Understanding Director/INED's Duties||22 November 2022 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)|
|Session Two [Physical] / [Online]||Tackling Current Governance and Regulatory Issues||17 February 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
|Session Three [Physical] / [Online]||Enforcement - Current Issues and Disciplinary Processes||17 March 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
Speakers' bio (In alphabetical order):
Ms Candy Au
Mr Ernest Lee
Mr Jon Witts
Ms Julia Charlton
Dr Kelvin Wong
Mr Mohan Datwani
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.
Supporting Organisation & Venue Sponsor: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited