- (In alphabetical order)
- Ms Christine Kan, Managing Director, Head of Listed Issuer Regulation, Listing Division, HKEX
- Mr David Gordon Eldon GBS CBE JP, Deputy Chairman, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd
- Mr David Simmonds FCG HKFCG, Vice President and Chairman, Membership Committee, HKCGI; Chief Strategy, Sustainability & Governance Officer, CLP Holdings Ltd
- Mr Frank Yuen FCG HKFCG, Group General Counsel and Head of Compliance, CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd
- Mr Joe Fan, Vice President, Listed Issuer Regulation, Listing Division, HKEX
- Mr John MM Williamson, Independent Non-Executive Director, London Metal Exchange and Pacific Basin Shipping Ltd; Chairman, UK Tote Group
- Ms Melissa Fung, Risk Advisory Southern Region Lead Partner, Deloitte China
Director Training Series – A Focus on INEDs (3 Sessions (Flyer) in Hybrid Mode)
Directors of listed companies are increasingly exposed to risks of regulatory sanctions, investor actions, and risks relating to ESG, including climate change. Promoting good governance is at the heart of what The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute does. A series of three director training sessions in HKEX Connect Hall, with up to 80 in person participation and live streaming for online participation, is organised and designed for directors, especially INEDs, as well as for governance professionals who have the duty to advise the boards on governance matters.
Hearing from HKEX regulators, prominent directors including INEDs, as well as market practitioners, governance professionals and other attendees are able to understand:
- Director/INED's duties, functions and authority
- How to respond to current governance issues, e.g. risk management, investor communications, conflicts of interest, ESG
- Complex transactions that INEDs need to seek more information from management and/or professional advice
In this Session Two - Tackling Current Governance and Regulatory Issues, attendees will learn:
- INED's oversight role in:
- Internal control system
- Connected transactions and major transactions
- Conflicts of interest
- When to seek information from management
- When to seek professional advice
Remarks on this Online Session Two:
- Registration will be closed on 16 February 2023 at 2.00pm.
- Once enrolment in this online session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to physical session will not be entertained.
- Online session will be delivered via Zoom facility. The Institute has made every effort to ensure that the quality of the internet connection is sufficient for media streaming. Attendees should ensure that they are in an area of stable internet connection with suitable bandwidth as this can affect user’s experience.
Interested parties are invited to join any or all of the 3 sessions. For details and registration of two other sessions, please click the below links.
|Session One [Physical] / [Online]||Understanding Director/INED's Duties||22 November 2022 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)|
|Session Two [Physical] / [Online]||Tackling Current Governance and Regulatory Issues||17 February 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
|Session Three [Physical] / [Online]||Enforcement - Current Issues and Disciplinary Processes||17 March 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
Speakers' bio (In alphabetical order):
Ms Christine Kan
Mr David Gordon Eldon
Mr David Simmonds
Mr Frank Yuen
Mr Joe Fan
Mr John MM Williamson
Ms Melissa Fung
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.
Supporting Organisation & Venue Sponsor: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited