- (In alphabetical order)
- Ms Candy Au, Assistant Vice President, Enforcement, Listing Division, HKEX
- Mr Ernest Lee FCG HKFCG(PE), President, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute; Technical Partner, Deloitte China
- Mr Jon Witts, Senior Vice President, Head of Enforcement, Listing Division, HKEX
- Ms Julia Charlton, Principal Partner, Charltons
- Dr Kelvin Wong SBS JP, Chairman, Accounting and Financial Reporting Council
- Mr Mohan Datwani FCG HKFCG(PE), Deputy Chief Executive, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute
Director Training Series – A Focus on INEDs (3 Sessions (Flyer) in Hybrid Mode)
Directors of listed companies are increasingly exposed to risks of regulatory sanctions, investor actions, and risks relating to ESG, including climate change. Promoting good governance is at the heart of what The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute does. A series of three director training sessions in HKEX Connect Hall, with limited physical attendance and live streaming for online participation, is organised and designed for directors, especially INEDs, as well as for governance professionals who have the duty to advise the boards on governance matters.
Hearing from HKEX speakers, prominent directors including INEDs, as well as market practitioners, governance professionals and other attendees are able to understand:
- Director/INED's duties, functions and authority
- How to respond to current governance issues, e.g. risk management, investor communications, conflicts of interest, ESG
- Complex transactions that INEDs need to seek more information from management and/or professional advice
In this Session Three - Enforcement – Current Issues and Disciplinary Processes, attendees will learn:
- Disciplinary cases against INEDs
- HKEX’s disciplinary process
- Latest case studies relating to INEDs
- How to respond to disciplinary actions?
- How to defend disciplinary actions?
Remarks on this Online Session Three:
- Registration will be closed on 16 March 2023 at 2.00pm.
- Once enrolment in this online session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to physical session will not be entertained.
- Online session will be delivered via Zoom facility. The Institute has made every effort to ensure that the quality of the internet connection is sufficient for media streaming. Attendees should ensure that they are in an area of stable internet connection with suitable bandwidth as this can affect user’s experience.
Interested parties are invited to join any or all of the 3 sessions. For details and registration of two other sessions, please click the below links.
|Session One [Physical] / [Online]||Understanding Director/INED's Duties||22 November 2022 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)|
|Session Two [Physical] / [Online]||Tackling Current Governance and Regulatory Issues||17 February 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
|Session Three [Physical] / [Online]||Enforcement - Current Issues and Disciplinary Processes||17 March 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
Speakers' bio (In alphabetical order):
Ms Candy Au
Mr Ernest Lee
Mr Jon Witts
Ms Julia Charlton
Dr Kelvin Wong
Mr Mohan Datwani
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.
Supporting Organisation & Venue Sponsor: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited