- (In alphabetical order)
- Ms Edith Shih FCG(CS, CGP) HKFCG(CS, CGP)(PE), Past International President, The Chartered Governance Institute, and Past President, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute; Executive Director and Company Secretary, CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd
- Ms Ellie Pang FCG HKFCG(PE), Chief Executive, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute
- Mr Ernest Lee FCG HKFCG(PE), President, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute; Technical Partner, Deloitte China
- Ms Gillian Meller FCG HKFCG(PE), Immediate Past President, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute; Legal and Governance Director, MTR Corporation Ltd
- Ms Katherine Ng, Managing Director and Head of Policy and Secretariat Services, Listing Division, HKEX
- Ms Teresa Ko JP BBS FCG HKFCG, Senior Partner, Hong Kong and China Chairman, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer; Co-Vice Chair, IFRS Foundation
Director Training Series – A Focus on INEDs (3 Sessions (Flyer) in Hybrid Mode)
Directors of listed companies are increasingly exposed to risks of regulatory sanctions, investor actions, and risks relating to ESG, including climate change. Promoting good governance is at the heart of what The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute does. A series of three director training sessions in HKEX Connect Hall, with limited physical attendance and live streaming for online participation, is organised and designed for directors, especially INEDs, as well as for governance professionals who have the duty to advise the boards on governance matters.
Hearing from HKEX speakers, prominent directors including INEDs, as well as market practitioners, governance professionals and other attendees are able to understand:
- Director/INED's duties, functions and authority
- How to respond to current governance issues, e.g. risk management, investor communications, conflicts of interest, ESG
- Complex transactions that INEDs need to seek more information from management and/or professional advice
In this Session One - Understanding Director/INED's Duties, attendees will learn:
- What is corporate governance about?
- Boardroom dynamics
- Directors' duties, functions and authority
- INED's specific duties, roles and authority
- INED's role in risk management, including ESG and climate-related risks and opportunities
- Shareholder communications/investor expectations
Remarks on this Physical Session One:
- Physical seats are limited and shall be taken on first-come first served basis. Registration will be closed on 18 November 2022 at 2.00pm.
- Once enrolment in the physical session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to online session will not be entertained.
- Physical attendance is subject to the social distancing rules in place at the time of the Session. The Institute reserves the right to convert enrolment in the physical session into online session.
- Physical attendees are required to comply with the social distancing rules of HKEX Connect Hall and to fill in a paper form of health declaration. Names of physical attendees will be supplied by the Institute to HKEX in this connection.
Interested parties are invited to join any or all of the 3 sessions. For details and registration of two other sessions, please click the below links.
|Session One [Physical] / [Online]||Understanding Director/INED's Duties||
22 November 2022 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
|Session Two [Physical] / [Online]||Tackling Current Governance and Regulatory Issues||17 February 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
|Session Three [Physical] / [Online]||Enforcement - Current Issues and Disciplinary Processes||17 March 2023 (4.00pm to 6.00pm)|
Speakers' bio (In alphabetical order):
Ms Edith Shih
Ms Ellie Pang
Mr Ernest Lee
Ms Gillian Meller
Ms Katherine Ng
Ms Teresa Ko
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.
Supporting Organisation & Venue Sponsor: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited