- Mr Tommy Tam, Partner, Clifford Chance
- Mr Andre Da Roza, Counsel, Clifford Chance
Sudden arrival of a takeover bid may go beyond a listed company's expectation. Upon receipt of such a bid, regardless of whether it is a solicited or a hostile one, the listed company and its directors and senior management must react immediately to take actions required under the relevant laws and regulations. In light of the global trend of corporate governance enhancement and risk management, the board is advised to formulate a set of takeover response plan.
In this seminar, the speaker will share some useful tips on the compliance obligations on the part of a listed company which is subject to an offer under the Code on Takeovers and Mergers. The following items will be covered:
- Rule 22 disclosure of dealing obligations
- No Resignation of Directors
- No action of the listed company which can potentially frustrate the offer
- Profit Forecast implications
- No special deal
This is the online session. If you wish to enrol in the physical session, please click HERE.
Remarks on this Online Session:
- Registration will be closed on 17 June 2023 at 5.00pm.
- Once enrolment in this online session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to physical session will not be entertained.
- Online session will be delivered via Zoom facility. The Institute has made every effort to ensure that the quality of the internet connection is sufficient for media streaming. Attendees should ensure that they are in an area of stable internet connection with suitable bandwidth as this can affect user’s experience.
Mr Tommy Tam
Mr Andre Da Roza
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.