- Ms Wendy Ho FCG HKFCG(PE), Council Member, HKCGI; Executive Director, Corporate Services, Tricor Services Limited (Chair)
- Ms Grace Siow ACG HKACG, Director of Corporate Services, Tricor Services Limited
- Mr Truman Chan FCG HKFCG, Director of Investor Services, Tricor Services Limited
Currently, a Hong Kong-incorporated company may hold a general meeting at two or more locations using any technology that enables its members in the same location to listen, speak and vote at the meeting while there are no specific provisions in the Companies Ordinance allowing a fully virtual or hybrid general meeting.
Given the global trend of holding e-meetings via technology in recent years, the Companies (Amendment) Ordinance 2023 (“the Amendment Ordinance”) will come into operation on 28 April 2023 to expressly cater for companies wishing to hold fully virtual general meetings without the requirement for members to be present at any physical locations, as well as hybrid general meetings involving both members attending virtually and members attending at physical locations. The governance professionals have to understand the details of the Amendment Ordinance and the potential implications of changes, and to get ready in advance the plans of organising general meetings in virtual or hybrid mode.
The Institute is delighted that two speakers from Tricor Services Limited, a leading professional service provider in this area, will discuss the changes and share their insights on the key elements or considerations of holding virtual or hybrid general meetings. In particular, they will examine the practical needs or ways of amending the companies’ articles for matching with the Amendment Ordinance and for enhancing governance. The following issues will be covered in the webinar:
- A summary of the new rule changes
- Key implications on governance professionals
- Experience sharing - What technical elements are needed for virtual / hybrid meetings
- Practical considerations and tips for holding virtual / hybrid meetings