- Mr Vincent Pang, Managing Partner - AVISTA Group
- Ms Polly Wong FCG HKFCG(PE), Company Secretary and Group Financial Controller, Dynamic Holdings Limited (Chair)
In the course of a corporate venturing journey, the need for valuation arises in a multitude of occasions, with an aim to provide the most up-to-date quantifiable and comparable value of business performance and assets to various stakeholders, as well as to the management for the robustness of the decision-making process and strategic planning of the future. Regardless of the size and type of the business, understanding how valuation can be applied at different stages of corporate development is imperative to making informed decisions.
Valuation practice spanning different stages of a corporate development, such as merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions, initial public offering (IPO) and routine financial reporting, etc. will be discussed.
- What are the proper processes to assess the business performance, investments, financial instruments, assets and equities, etc. at each stage?
- What are the parties involved, regulators of concern, as well as the specific standards to comply with at each stage?
- How can a professional valuer be of assistance in the ever-evolving and nowadays fluctuating market?
(Recorded in May 2022)
Mr Vincent Pang