- Mr Hendrik Rosenthal, Director, Group Sustainability, CLP Holdings Ltd
- Ms Irene Chu, Partner, ESG and Sustainability, Head of New Economy and Life Sciences, KPMG China
- Ms Gillian Meller FCG HKFCG(PE), Immediate Past President, The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute; Legal and Governance Director, MTR Corporation Ltd
By 2025, it is likely that mandatory reporting on climate-related risks for listed companies and other relevant sectors will have been strengthened, as part of Hong Kong’s 2050 carbon neutrality goal, and to attract international capital flows towards sustainable investments.
At this conference, regulators and practitioners will come together to discuss pressing issues relating to climate change as a part of the Institute’s thought leadership on climate change, including the proposed establishment of the International Sustainability Standards Board (SSB) by the International Financial Reporting Standards Foundation (IFRS Foundation) for aligning international reporting standards with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations.
The topics covered in Session Two will include:
- The TCFD recommendations on climate change disclosures
- Sharing on CLP’s transition to the new lower carbon economy
- Sharing on MTRC’s journey in measuring and setting target for emission reduction
By the Green and Sustainable Finance Cross-Agency Steering Group, comprising the Government and Hong Kong’s major regulators, which was established to manage climate and environmental risks to the financial sector and to accelerate the growth of green and sustainable finance in Hong Kong. It will put forward a Strategy Plan which includes strengthening climate-related financial risk management and disclosure. The Steering Group is co-chaired by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Securities and Futures Commission, with members comprising the Environment Bureau, the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited, the Insurance Authority and the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority.
This conference should be attended by governance professionals, senior management, and those involved in reporting, as climate change reporting is a top of the agenda issue.