- Mr Chee Weng LEE, Global Head of Tax, Tricor Services Limited
- Ms May LI, Senior Tax Manager, Tricor Services Limited
Tax rules are complicated. COVID-19, has meant that people, who are stuck from travelling, have suddenly found themselves exposed to tax to where they are stuck, in addition to where they are tax resident. In fact, the tax issues run much deeper, and with proper understanding of key tax concepts, this may help the governance professionals to become more aware of tax issues, relevant to discharge to the governance advisory role within organisations.
This seminar will cover:
- The concept of Permanent Establishment (“PE” /Taxable Presence)/OECD’s guidelines
- Unintended COVID/Mainland’s Tax implications
- Hong Kong/Mainland Salaries/Individual income tax implications
- HKSAR COVID tax relief measures
- “War stories" for governance professionals to become more aware of tax issues.
- Tracking your Travel Days - Introduction to the Web based Travel Tracker
(Recorded in July 2021)