- Ms Willa Chan ACG HKACG, Founding Principal, Willa Legal
- Mr Derek Tsoi, Commercial Director, Fund Services, Intertrust Group (a CSC company)
- Mr Eric Chow, Founding Chairman, The Association of Fund Administrator of Hong Kong & the GBA (Panellist)
Join us for an insightful seminar on Fund Governance, Fund Setup, and Fund Administration, where we will explore the latest developments in the fund industry.
Our expert speakers, including a fund lawyer and a fund administrator, will provide valuable insights on areas ranging from different types of funds, steps to establish a fund, legal and compliance considerations, to fund administration and governance enhancement.
In the panel discussion, our panellists will explore the opportunities for Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area, the role of technological innovation in fund governance and administration, the concept of fund tokenisation, and the benefits of an integrated fund platform.
This seminar offers a unique opportunity to gain comprehensive knowledge and practical guidance on fund governance, setup, and administration. Whether you are a governance professional, legal practitioner, finance or other compliance officer, fund manager, or industry enthusiast, this event will provide valuable insights to help you navigate the evolving landscape of the fund industry.
Presentation by a fund lawyer:
- Different types of funds
- Fund-level and fund manager-level legal and compliance considerations
- Steps to establish a fund, issues to consider and key parties involved
- Fund Governance and the Fund Manager Code of Conduct
Presentation by a fund administrator:
- Fund Administration – 5 Ws (Who, What, Why, Where & When)
- Fund Administration development – Past, Present & Future
- When a Fund Administrator meet a Company Secretary
- Fund Administrator’s Roles in governance enhancement
- Opportunities for Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area (GBA) initiative
- Role of Technological Innovation
- Fund tokenization
- Integrated Fund Platform
This is the physical session and physical attendance is required for CPD counting purpose. If you wish to join online, please click HERE for the online session.
Remarks on this Physical Session:
- Physical seats are limited and shall be taken on first-come first served basis. Registration will be closed on 12 December 2023 at 5.00pm.
- Once enrolment in the physical session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to online session will not be entertained.
- Physical attendance is subject to the weather condition at the time of the seminar. The Institute reserves the right to convert enrolment in the physical session into online session.
Speakers and Panellist's bio:
Ms Willa Chan
Mr Derek Tsoi
Mr Eric Chow
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.