Speaker(s)Mr Maxwell Chan, Partner, ONC Lawyers
On 30 June 2023, The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (the “Stock Exchange”) published conclusions to its consultation on Proposals to Expand the Paperless Listing Regime and other Rule Amendments (the “Consultation Conclusions”). Among other proposals brought under the Consultation Conclusions, the Rules Governing the Listing of Securities on the Stock Exchange (the “Listing Rules”) will be amended to promote electronic dissemination of corporate communications (such as annual reports, interim reports and circulars) by listed issuers. In this seminar, the speaker will discuss the following changes brought by the proposed amendments to the Listing Rules effective on 31 December 2023:
- Elimination of printed copies: Will listed companies still be required to distribute printed copies of annual reports, interim reports and circulars?
- Consent mechanism: What is the process for obtaining consent to disseminate corporate communications electronically?
- Electronic dissemination: How should listed companies distribute corporate communications to their securities holders electronically?
- Actionable corporate communications: How should listed companies handle actionable corporate communications?
- Constitutional document amendments: Is it necessary to amend constitutional documents to accommodate the paperless regime?
The speaker will also discuss other updates to the Listing Rules in the seminar:
- Appointment of new directors: Do newly appointed directors need to sign declaration and undertaking (Form 5B for Main Board issuers or Form 6A for GEM issuers) after 31 December 2023? If not, what is the new framework under the Listing Rules for the appointment of new directors?
- Enforcement cases: What can we learn from the recent enforcement cases related to breaches of the Listing Rules?
This is the online session. If you wish to enrol in the physical session, please click HERE.
Remarks on this Online Session:
- Registration will be closed on 28 November 2023 at 5.00pm.
- Once enrolment in this online session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to physical session will not be entertained.
- Online session will be delivered via Zoom facility. The Institute has made every effort to ensure that the quality of the internet connection is sufficient for media streaming. Attendees should ensure that they are in an area of stable internet connection with suitable bandwidth as this can affect user’s experience.
Mr Maxwell Chan
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.