Speaker(s)Mr Caesar Wong, Managing Director, China Business Services, RSM Tax Advisory (Hong Kong) Limited
Audits or investigations by China tax authorities can arise if tax affairs were not handled timely and adequately, and the time bar for tax assessment is not necessarily limited to 5 years. China tax exposures will not only complicate annual report preparation but can also adversely affect dividend distribution, IPO, M&A and other business plans. In case an overseas transferor of China taxable assets failed to report and pay any taxes, tax surprises and reputational risks can also go to the buyer (i.e. the statutory tax withholding agent). Arbitrations and litigations help to resolve the related commercial disputes.
In this seminar, which is especially useful to corporate management and legal professionals who handle arbitrations and litigations over transactions involving China tax matters, a seasoned speaker in China tax aspect will share his insight and expertise over the following items:
- Common types of China tax controversy and dispute
- Between tax authority and taxpayer
- Between buyer and seller
- Between plaintiff and defendant
- Main points of disagreement
- Statutory v. contractual obligations
- Statute of limitations for tax assessment and tax recovery
- Non-compliance consequences (e.g. late fee, interest, fine)
- Tax risk quantification
- National tax laws v. local practices
- Differences among tax review, audit and investigation by China tax authorities
- Lessons from China tax cases
- Questions from the floor
This is the online session. If you wish to enrol in the physical session, please click HERE.
Remarks on this Online Session:
- Registration will be closed on 19 June 2023 at 5.00pm.
- Once enrolment in this online session is confirmed by the Institute, requests to change to physical session will not be entertained.
- Online session will be delivered via Zoom facility. The Institute has made every effort to ensure that the quality of the internet connection is sufficient for media streaming. Attendees should ensure that they are in an area of stable internet connection with suitable bandwidth as this can affect user’s experience.
Mr Caesar Wong
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.
Venue Sponsor: RSM Tax Advisory (Hong Kong) Limited