- Mr Francis Chung ACG HKACG, Barrister-at-law, Rede Chambers
- Mr Daniel Chow FCG HKFCG(PE), Treasurer, HKCGI; Senior Managing Director, Corporate Finance and Restructuring segment, FTI Consulting
It is not uncommon for issuers in Hong Kong to request share trading to be suspended for the disclosure of inside information. Recent news however reveal that there appears a rise in cases of suspension of trading of issuers’ shares. The reasons range from the issuers’ failure to publish annual results under the Listing Rules due to disruption of audit work in times of COVID-19, to the publication of disclaimer/qualified opinion by the issuers’ auditors. It is important for such issuers to address the concerns of the regulatory bodies and to seek resumption of trading as soon as practicable, or it runs the risk of cancellation of listing of their shares at the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
In this seminar, the speakers aim to enhance participants’ understanding of the practical aspects in trading suspension and delisting, and to equip them with the essential skills in preparing for trading resumption. The following aspects will be discussed in detail:
- Introduction to the regulatory framework
- Suspension of trading of shares of listed companies
- Cancellation of listing and possible remedies
- Procedure of application for resumption of trading
- Practical tips for the preparation of resumption of trading
Mr Francis Chung
Mr Daniel Chow
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.