- Mr Colm Dawson, Partner, Walkers
- Mr Jason Hung, Senior Associate, Walkers
The Cayman Islands continues to be a jurisdiction of choice for many financial services and other structures especially investment funds for organisations based in Hong Kong and Asia. The business and regulatory ecosystem has undergone a number of changes over the last five years and notwithstanding the continued attractiveness of the commercial environment and ease of conducting business, these updated requirements do need to be understood and planned for.
In this webinar, two speakers from the Walkers regulatory team will share reflections on these updates and discuss expected future developments in the governance and regulatory requirements. The topics discussed will be relevant to company secretaries and governance professionals and shall include the following:
- Financial crime prevention including anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, counter proliferation financing and financial sanctions;
- Enhanced governance expectations for certain market participants;
- CIMA inspections process and lessons learned;
- Beneficial ownership obligations;
- Economic substance; and
Mr Colm Dawson
Mr Jason Hung
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.