- Mr Edmond Chiu FCG HKFCG(PE), Council Member, HKCGI; Managing Director, Corporate Services, Vistra Corporate Services (HK) Limited (Chair)
- Mr Leon Mao, Head of Advisory and Managing Director, North Asia, Vistra North Asia
- Ms Catherine Lee, Manager, Advisory, Vistra North Asia
The webinar delivered by economic substance (ES) specialists from Vistra, a leading professional services firm in the area, in February 2022 raised much interest and awareness about ES as a corporate governance topic, and went on to attract a large number of questions from the attendees.
With a view to ensuring that governance professionals are kept well informed on the latest developments in the ES space and that their questions are responded, the Institute is organising one follow-up webinar, serving as a core supplement to the earlier one. Speakers from Vistra will have discussion on the following elements:
- To go through key frequently answered questions as received by speakers since the introduction of ES regime in 2019
- To respond to questions relating to in-jurisdiction substance solutions and restructure options
- To look at the Year 3 of ES compliance with the European Union uplifting their scrutiny of offshore jurisdictions, which in turn presents challenges to regulators, and ultimately end-users
- To provide an update on the latest changes to laws and regulations in the offshore space where fresh regulations and practical implementation measures are now effective.
Chair's and Speaker’s bio:
Mr Edmond Chiu
Mr Leon Mao
Ms Catherine Lee
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.