|Who can apply?
A qualified lawyer or accountant:
- who has not previously registered as an HKICS student may apply with their first HKICS studentship registration;
- who is a current HKICS student may apply on accumulating at least five years’ relevant post-qualifying experience.
To qualify for the Fast Track Professional route, applicants must provide evidence that:
- You are a lawyer or accountant with a recognised professional body (including those recognised by The Chartered Governance Institute and its Divisions in other jurisdictions) ; and
- You are a current member in good standing of your professional body; and
- You have maintained your professional status as a lawyer or accountant for at least five years; and
- You have gained at least five years’ experience, since you qualified as a lawyer or accountant, which is relevant to the role of a Chartered Secretary and/or Chartered Governance Professional and
- The law degree should have included Corporate or Company Law;
For application requirements of the Fast Track Professional route, please click HERE.
- Applicants should complete the application form (EE013c) with all the required documents:
- Applicants who have not previously registered as HKICS students should apply online for the Fast Track Professional route with the HKICS studentship registration.
- Applicants who are currently HKICS students may login to the HKICS account to apply for further exemptions under the Fast Track Professional route.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Institute. An interview will be arranged if required.
- Unsuccessful applicants shall be assessed for module exemptions based on their relevant recognised university degrees and/or professional qualifications (applicable for new HKICS students).
All applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis and subject to the final decision of the Institute. To know more about the routes of entry and exemption, please click HERE.
Introduction session to the Fast Track Professional route
This introduction session provides further infromation on the eligibility and application procedures for the Fast Track route.
Click HERE for the recorded video.