In addition to submission in person at Secretariat office, by post or by courier, applicants can submit their completed application form, together with certified supporting documents the Secretariat by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed and signed application form (including recommendation part and any certification of employment, if applicable)
- Certified true copies of:
- Transcript and certificate of educational/professional qualification
- Work testimonials and/or reference letter of employment; and
- Supplementary information which are duly endorsed and signed by supervisors or Head of HR:
- Organisation chart;
- Job description;
- Company size; and
- Election fee (payment methods are set out in the application form)
- A passport-sized photo
For enquiries, please contact the Membership Section: 2881 6177 or email: email@example.com.
The designations for Fellow are FCG (for The Chartered Governance Institute) and FCS (for the Institute).
Fellowship benefits fact sheet
Fellows of the Institute are leaders of the Chartered Secretary and Chartered Governance profession. They are expected to be the crucial respected role models of both the Institute and the profession, and so to contribute to the growth of both.
In order to encourage eligible candidates to apply for election to Fellowship, a special election fee of HK$1,000 is approved by the Council.
Exclusive benefits are offered for Fellows with details set out below:
- Election to Council
· eligible to stand for election to Council and be appointed to committees, working groups and panels. This provides you with the opportunity to represent other members, graduates and students, as well as to participate in the development, planning and management of both your profession and the Institute’s affairs.
- Institute Representatives
· invitations to represent your profession at events hosted by the Institute, regulators, governmental and academic bodies.
- To be invited to the Institute's annual event following your Fellowship election;
- To be invited to one complimentart seat for the Membership events/activities following your Fellowship election;
- To be invited to Fellows-only events;
- To have priority enrolment for Institute events; and
- To be invited as speakers or chairpersons at the Institute’s ECPD seminars (extra CPD points would be awarded).
General requirements for application
- To obtain at least eight years of relevant working experience; and
- To obtain, in the past ten years, at least three years of senior working experience in the capacity of company secretary, governance professionals, risk managers, compliance managers, senior academics or senior executive positions; and
- To be a fit and proper person in respect of both character and standing
Criteria to be considered for Fellowship election
Fellowship is the highest membership status of the Institute. All applications are considered by the Membership Committee comprehensively with criteria set out below:
- Status of current/ most recent position;
- Size of current/ most recent organisation;
- Career progression;
- Involvement in other professions;
- Involvement in Institute affairs.
Applicants are required to complete the application form and provide sufficient information of the above for the Membership Committee’s approval, the decision of which is final.
All applications will be reviewed and, if appropriate, approved by the Membership Committee.
Please click here to download the M002 - Fellowship Application Form.
Friday, 29 January 2021
Thursday, 4 March 2021
Friday, 30 April 2021
Thursday, 3 June 2021
Friday, 30 July 2021
Thursday, 2 September 2021
Friday, 8 October 2021
Thursday, 18 November 2021