The Office of the Clerk to the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance) (‘the Board’) has invited the Institute to refer suitable members to apply for Board Membership. Institute Fellows and Associates who are interested in the position are welcome to apply.
Please refer to the following documents for further information:
1. Invitation Letter from the Board
2. Information Leaflet – Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance)
3. Curriculum Vitae Form
According to the Board, applicants must:
- possess at least 10 years’ experience in their profession (a few positions may be opened to exceptional candidates with at least 7 years of professional experience);
- be in a profession which has close affiliations to the workings of the Inland Revenue Ordinance; and
- not be involved in the provision of tax services directly to clients in their daily work in the 2 years prior to the date of appointment, i.e. from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2023, to avoid possible conflict of interests.
As the Government attaches importance to public participation and engagement of public affairs among young people, young members aged under 35 meeting the above criteria are welcomed to apply.
Successful applicants will be individually informed of their appointment offer in the 4th quarter of 2023 and their appointments will take effect from 1 January 2024 for a period of three years. All appointments to the Board are on personal basis.
Interested members must complete and return the curriculum vitae form by email: email@example.com or by post to the Institute by 6.00pm, Friday 24 March 2023. Please mark ‘Confidential – Application for Membership of Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance)’ in the email subject/envelop cover.
The Institute has the discretion to carry out the selection process without further consultation with the applicants. The selected candidate’s curriculum vitae will be forwarded to the Board for further consideration.
For queries regarding the exercise, please contact Ms Vicky Lui: 2830 6088 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.