The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
(Incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee)
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) is looking for a highly motivated and capable candidate to maintain and promote the knowledge and standard of members in the post of Officer, Marketing and Communications.
The Institute is a leading professional body in Hong Kong, dedicated to supporting and promoting the role of Chartered Secretaries and governance professionals through education, training, the development and implementation of policy, as well as effective communication and public advocacy. Through its work HKICS has become a major contributor to the ongoing strengthening of corporate governance practices and policies in Hong Kong.
HKICS was first established in 1949 as an association of Hong Kong members of The Chartered Governance Institute, formerly known as The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) of London. It was a branch of ICSA in 1990 before gaining local status in 1994 and has also been ICSA’s China/Hong Kong Division since 2005.
HKICS is a founder member of Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) which was established in March 2010 in Geneva, Switzerland. In 2017, CSIA was relocated to Hong Kong in which it operates as a company limited by guarantee. CSIA aims to give a global voice for corporate secretaries and governance professionals.
HKICS has over 6,000 members and 3,200 students.
HKICS presently employs over forty staff in Hong Kong and Beijing, under the executive leadership of our Chief Executive, who in turn reports to an elected President and Council. As part of the ongoing reinforcement of HKICS's organisation and capabilities, in line with its continuing growth and success, the Institute is now looking for an Officer, Marketing and Communications.
Officer, Marketing and Communications (Ref: MKT-O-2020)
- Support marketing activities and promotion events
- Coordinate and liaise with internal departments, printing vendors, production houses, agencies and supporting organisations to ensure projects’ deadline are met and achieve the marketing and communication objectives
- Prepare marketing and communications materials, such as monthly journals, publications and e-blasts
- Plan and prepare the content for the Institute’s social media channels
- Maintain the Institute’s website
- Administration support to the Marketing and Communications team as instructed by supervisors
- Perform ad-hoc duties as required and all tasks as directed in a timely manner
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/ Marketing/ Public Relations / Communications/ English Language or equivalent is preferred
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese language
- Knowledge in multimedia content, images, videos/ audios on social media
- Knowledge of layout design and design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is required
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and handle multi-tasks
- A good team player, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadline, willing to work outside office hours
- Computer literacy in MS office and Chinese word processing
- Immediately available preferred
- Fresh graduates are welcome
We offer a 5-day week (plus one Saturday per month). Interested parties please send full resume with current and expected salary as well as earliest available date by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “MKT-O-2020”. Selected candidates are required to take a written test.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only).