The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
(Incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee)
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) is looking for a highly motivated and capable candidate to maintain and promote the knowledge and standard of members in the post of Assistant Manager, Membership and Student Registration.
The Institute is a leading professional body in Hong Kong, dedicated to supporting and promoting the role of Chartered Secretaries and governance professionals through education, training, the development and implementation of policy, as well as effective communication and public advocacy. Through its work HKICS has become a major contributor to the ongoing strengthening of corporate governance practices and policies in Hong Kong.
HKICS was first established in 1949 as an association of Hong Kong members of The Chartered Governance Institute, formerly known as The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) of London. It was a branch of ICSA in 1990 before gaining local status in 1994 and has also been ICSA’s China/Hong Kong Division since 2005.
HKICS is a founder member of Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) which was established in March 2010 in Geneva, Switzerland. In 2017, CSIA was relocated to Hong Kong in which it operates as a company limited by guarantee. CSIA aims to give a global voice for corporate secretaries and governance professionals.
HKICS has over 6,000 members and 3,200 students.
HKICS presently employs over forty staff in Hong Kong and Beijing, under the executive leadership of our Chief Executive, who in turn reports to an elected President and Council. As part of the ongoing reinforcement of HKICS's organisation and capabilities, in line with its continuing growth and success, the Institute is now looking for an Assistant Manager, Membership and Student Registration.
Assistant Manager, Membership and Student Registration (Ref: MEM2020-1)
- Assist in planning and administer policies on membership and student registration.
- Review applications for student registration and membership election
- Maintain membership and studentship database
- Prepare reports and statistics for management use
- Plan and organise events for members and students
- Liaise with colleagues of Beijing office on relevant matters
- Coordinate with universities on student registration matters
- Handle email and phone enquiries
- Assist in ad hoc projects assigned by the Senior Manager, Membership
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, marketing or related field
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in membership/student administration and event management
- Experience in tertiary education institutions or professional bodies is an advantage
- Good comment of English and Chinese. Fluent Putonghua is preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Office.
- A good team player who is self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility
- Well organised and ability to handle multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive to details and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation and communication skills
- Immediately available is preferred
We offer a 5-day week (plus one Saturday per month). Interested parties please send full resume with current and expected salary as well as earliest available date by e-mail to us at email@example.com and quote “MEM2020-1”. Selected candidates are required to take a written test.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only).