China’s rapid economic growth has provided multinational companies (MNCs) with not only opportunities to carry on businesses but also challenges for implementing governance, risk and compliance (GRC) policy. Except for those larger ones which have already established their local centres to coordinate and control their operations in the country, head offices of MNCs have more and more concerns on the effective ways to implement their group policy and practices when they have expanded their presences in China.
In this webinar, speaker will discuss the challenges and pain points on the implementation of GRC by MNCs, and examine possible solutions with case sharing.
- What is GRC?
- Regulatory risk & gaps between MNC group policy and local requirements in China
- HR & legal regulations (new update in 2021)
- Annual income tax & Year-end tax adjustment
- Case sharing on challenges, pain points and solutions
- Laws and regulations are implemented at national, provincial and even city levels by different authorities
- Specific rules apply to specific industries
- A number of new laws coming into effect – update quickly and difficult to monitor/study (for example, personal data protection laws)
- Gaps between group policy and local laws
- Lack of resources/experts in relevant fields
- Not cost effective to have one full time personnel on certain ad-hoc projects
- Identify applicable Laws and regulations
- Conduct gap analysis and take remedial actions
- Ensure daily execution and regular internal/external checks
Ms Sharon ZM Chen
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKCGI Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.