The Institute has recently published its seventh issue of the Ethics, Bribery and Corruption Guidance Note to address various types of conflicts of interest with examples, possible legal implications and some recommended practical measures which companies as well as governance professionals should consider adopting to prevent and manage such conflicts. The speaker from Hong Kong Business Ethics Development Centre, ICAC, being the author of the Guidance Note, will deliver the webinar which cover the contents below:
a. Raise participants’ awareness to the corruption risks, conflicts of interest and ethical issues in the workplace;
b. Enhance participants’ knowledge on the relevant sections of Prevention of Bribery Ordinance and regulations in relation to the duties and responsibilities of governance professionals in preventing corruption and managing conflicts of interest;
c. Enhance participants’ understanding on the role of governance professionals in upholding ethical governance; and
d. Encourage participants to put ethics in practice.
2. Benefits of practicing business ethics and the 4 "A" Model
– Relevant provisions of the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance and related regulations
– ICAC case illustrations and points to note
– Conflicts of Interest and ethical issues encountered by governance professionals
– Video show and discussion
– Role of governance professionals in upholding ethical governance
– Corruption prevention services of ICAC and channels of reporting corruption
Ms Mabel Chu
Seat guarantee will only be given to HKICS Fellows and/or Practitioner’s Endorsement (PE) holders if registered 10 clear working days with payment prior to the date of the seminar.